The first patch after a 2 week break, Valve has come out with the biggest patch in some time. We've got a new hero added in - "Outworld Destroyer", better known as Obsidian Destroyer in Dota. Along with that, we have some sweet UI changes, hero character models tweaks and new replay functionality. Some of the patch highlights:
- New hero: Outworld Destroyer
Obsidian Destroyer gets ported to Dota 2 as Outworld Destroyer
- Single Draft mode
You get a random pick of three heroes to choose from at the pick screen
- New interface for match making
Sweet new world map with server locations to choose from
- New interface for lobbies etc
The custom game tab is now more like the standard game list in any multiplayer game. Also, there's a greyed out tab for LAN games!
- Chat while paused
Finally, players can chat and use voice while the game is paused
- Grid view for in-game item shop
Togglable grid view for easier access to items
- Repick functionality
You can now repick heroes you've chosen. Will work well for those randomers
- Hero pick screen shows which hero team mates will pick
In the hero pick screen, clicking on a hero will highlight it as your tentative choice, showing a greyed out hero portrait so team mates can see what you're planning to pick
- Interactive replays
You can now jump to any position in a replay
- The day/night indicator in-game has been changed
Looks a lot clearer and easy to understand whether its night or day, and how long it'll last
- Alert on ban
When a player you've reported is banned, you get a message informing you of the ban
Cyborgmatt has a great list of new incomplete content
that has been added to this patch, including unfinished heroes, courier skins and code references.
Also - new injured animations:
- Enabled Outworld Destroyer!
- Added new game mode: Single Draft.
- Added querying of dead units. This lets you click allied portraits in the top bar to inspect their items and skills, even when they're dead.
- Queued move commands show a waypoint flag briefly.
- Added new settings panel.
- Matchmaking displays average wait time for each region.
- New interface for finding lobbies.
- New Matchmaking panel.
- Players can chat and use voice communications while the game is paused.
- Added game mode (AP, SD, CM) selection for matchmaking.
- You can now find replays by MatchID from the Watch panel.
- Added Grid Mode to the Shop.
- Added Repick functionality to the hero picking panel (costs 100 gold to repick, lets you select a hero again).
- Implemented "Suggest invite to party" menu option.
- You can now see which heroes your allies are about to pick.
- Added Steam avatars in the scoreboard.
- Added the ability to jump to any position in a replay.
- Alchemist: Fixed Goblin's Greed's interaction with Aegis.
- Ancient Apparition: Fixed Ice Blast's secondary ability not firing off when you die.
- Axe: Fixed Battle Hunger self buff sticking on Axe permanently if the spell was dodged by Puck's Phase Shift.
- Batrider: Fixed Flamming Lasso being interrupted by an enemy Force Staff.
- Batrider: Fixed turn rate.
- Batrider: Fixed Firefly having a cast time.
- Batrider: Added stack counter effect for your team when using Sticky Napalm.
- Clinkz: Fixed not being able to cast Searing Arrows manually on buildings.
- Clinkz: Fixed Death Pact not being castable on Magic Immune units.
- Clinkz: Fixed Searing Arrows autocast working while silenced/doomed.
- Clinkz: Fixed Searing Arrows bonus damage being treated as a seperate damage instance (it could get reduced twice by stout shield).
- Clinkz: Fixed Death Pact being purgeable.
- Clockwerk: Fixed Hookshot failing if he is infested by Lifestealer.
- Dark Seer: Fixed Vacuum continuously pulling new units in the aoe for a period of time after initial cast.
- Dark Seer: Fixed Vacuum disable/pull duration lasting too long.
- Doom Bringer: Fixed Devour not working when eating a converted neutral creep.
- Dragon Knight: Fixed Elder Dragon Form Frost Breath slowing units while Doomed.
- Huskar: Fixed Life Break partially ignoring Linken's Sphere.
- Huskar: Fixed Life Break continuing to follow a target that teleported away.
- Invoker: Fixed Invoke not dispelling Curse of the Silent.
- Invoker: Fixed Cold Snap triggering on self damage.
- Invoker: Fixed Tornado dispelling various buffs it shouldn't (like Wind Walk)
- Kunkka: Fixed X Marks The Spot being purged by Tornado/Diffusal.
- Lich: Fixed Chain Frost having a chance to end prematurely near fog of war edges.
- Lich: Fixed a recent bug where chainfrost wouldn't choose a magic immune target to bounce to.
- Lich: Fixed Chain Frost deciding late as to which unit it will bounce to next (it would decide after its bounce delay, instead of before)
- Mirana: Fixed Leap being canceled if Mirana got purged during it.
- Nature's Prophet: Double clicking Teleportation will cast it at the fountain.
- Omniknight: Fixed Repel causing Spirit Breaker to be unable to cancel his Charge of Darkness.
- Puck: Fixed Phase Shift sometimes not dodging incoming attack projectiles.
- Puck: Fixed some types of spells (like EMP) from causing damage when already Phase Shifted.
- Silencer: Added intelligence steal counter to Last Word aura.
- Slardar: Fixed Slithereen Crush's physical damage not hurting Magic Immune units.
- Sniper: Fixed Headshot bonus proc damage working against Towers and Buildings.
- Sniper: Fixed Headshot working while Doomed.
- Spectre: Fixed Haunt not working properly after a disconnect.
- Spectre: Fixed Reality clearing Curse of the Silent and triggering Magic Stick.
- Ursa: Fixed Fury Swipes working while Doomed.
- Ursa: Fixed Fury Swipes working on allied units.
- Viper: Fixed Poison Attack damage being lethal.
- Witch Doctor: Fixed Paralyzing Casks deciding late as to which unit it will bounce to next (it would decide after its bounce delay, instead of before)
- Zeus: Fixed Lightning Bolt's aoe truesight not revealing wards.
- Added Clinkz to Captain's Mode
- Fixed ranged creep moving infront of the rest on the bottom dire lane
- Fixed collision sizes on Barracks and Filler buildings
- Ring of Aquila, Ring of Basilius, and Radiance no longer flip their toggle if their aura was toggled off when their owner dies.
- Fixed Boots of Travel not selecting dominated units.
- Fixed sweet exploit where you could buy a nice juicy passive item, give it to another friendly hero, have that hero die and upon respawn the passive effects of the item would be granted -- Desolator would start desolating, butterfly would start buttering, etc.
- Items now expire their sellback time when their owner dies.
- Fixed Roshan not respawning at the correct time if he was killed before creep spawn.
- Fixed Bounty Hunter and Clinkz's invisibility getting dispelled by Tornado.
- Fixed Blademail being able to reflect damage from allies/self (causing suicide).
- Trees are now temporarily prevented from respawning if there are any player-controlled units whose collision are within 250 units of the center of the tree.
- Fixed unit targeting behavior being bugged for the following abilities: Carrion Swarm, Dragon Slave, Breathe Fire.
- Fixed courier getting stuck if it received deliver orders from multiple players.
- Fixed Blademail being dispellable.
- Fixed shop item stock not depleting when purchasing items with a full inventory and stash.
- Fixed being able to refresh allied items with Tinker's ultimate.
- Fixed an exploit possible that could allow a small portion of abilities to be used while stunned .
- Fixed a rare bug where you would sometimes attack an unexpected unit when attempting to last-hit by spamming stop with auto-attack turned on.
- Shift+Hero Select now toggles selection of the hero from the current selection if multiple units are selected.
- Fixed dead heroes being selected when using control groups.
- Fixed bug where the camera would reposition itself when drawing lines on minimap.
- Blink Dagger now blinks in the direction your mouse is in when you double click it.
- Fixed a rare bug where an item could be deleted upon delivery from the courier.
- Fixed a rare bug with legacy keys that could cause your hotkeys to get changed when querying an enemy.
- Purchasing a whole item now gathers owned items from the team's couriers when calculating what to buy.
- Fixed accidentally selecting units when moving your camera around in camera drag mode.
- Fixed not being able to drop an item from the stash if it is owned by another player.
- Double clicking the "Select All Other Units" hotkey will now move the camera to the location of the units rather than adding your hero to the selection.
- Browse practice lobbies your friends have created or joined.
- Improved readabilty of hero names in minimap.
- Changed Hero Highlighter visuals.
- Removed some elements in the minimap texture that would cause confusion with creeps.
- Fixed controlled units not showing the color of the player controlling them in the minimap.
- Updated Day/Night indicator
- Pause is now correctly delayed for spectators.
- Fixed inventory not updating the state of items if the slot and item matched between querying different units.
- Added a subtitle in the inventory item tooltip indicating if an item's aura is active or not.
- Added inactive image for Radiance.
- Fixed matchID not showing up on end scores.
- The topbar timer is no longer reset when the game ends.
- Added game settings option for the hero finder when holding alt down
- Added game settings option for the minimap hero icons (shows hero text names when turned off)
- Added game settings option for the HP numbers above your hero's in world HP Bar
- Fixed long cooldown labels being truncated in item tooltips.
- Fixed cooldown and mana cost not showing properly in dashboard item tooltips.
- Quick buy item tooltips are no longer estranged from their arrow.
- Autocast state is no longer shown for enemy abilities.
- Added visual feedback when moving a hero via the minimap.
- Added "This game is safe to leave" message on the matchmaking status page practice lobbies or matchmade games with a leaver detected.
- Your own row is now highlighted on the game end scoreboard.
- When a player is banned, everyone who reported them since their last ban receives a message when they next login informing them that justice has been served.
- Your friends list is now sorted alphabetically.
- Pinging an enemy now places the ping on them for a short time.
- Mana cost and cooldown fields in the ability tooltips now reflect the current state of the ability (they take into account Death Prophet's Witchcraft, Aghanim's changes, etc).
- Added cooldown timers to shop items that are out of stock in grid mode.
- Items from different owners that would stack (e.g. wards) no longer stack in the courier's inventory.
- Fixed client-side modifier durations so that the icon sweep displays correctly when entering and exiting FoW.
- Fixed bug where there would be a brief flash of the full-duration border on a modifier as it expired.
- Combat log fixes/changes:
- It now specifies whether units are illusions or not for all events.
- Heals now track and specify the healing unit.
- The end-of-game combat summary now counts neither illusions nor self-damage.
- Damage done by units under a hero's control are now credited to their hero in the combatlog and end-of-game summary.
- Mousing over each server location will show you the name, whether you're searching in that region or not, and an estimated wait time.
- Redesigned the setting panel to allow for more keybindings and options. You may need to rebind your keys.
- Updated all the keybindings to take advantage of the new settings panel.
- Added spectator keybinds.
- New key input code for spectator and alt-keys.
- Spectator and alt-keys now handle + binds correctly.
- Del, backspace, and backquote/tilde are now bindalbe (ie. console is bindable)
- Added courier, neutral and hero specific ability binds.
- Spectators now correctly get all active buffs and debuffs on heroes when joining a game in progress.
- The replay format has changed and old replays are no longer viewable.
- Your own private games are now displayed in your match history.
- Added effect for Phase Boots and Fiery Soul.
- Made Dark Seer's illusion effect more differentiated from a normal illusion effect.
- Made all known illusions draw with a creep style healthbar. This does not effect enemy illusions, but does apply to Dark Seer's Wall of Illusion illusions.
- Crystal Maiden illusions will no longer play her custom death anim.
- Heroes now flail while getting force staffed.
- Fixed the item combine sound playing to you when other players combine their items on your courier.
- Added rival death-taunts and other miscellaneous lines to flesh out dialog set for Juggernaut and Sven.
DOTA 2 BOTS
- Revised how and when bots decide to push lanes, defend lanes, and farm.
- Temporarily disabled late game team roaming. It will be back!
- Fixed bug where bot code would cause buyback of human players when playing with bot teammates.
- Made bots more aware of ganks that were happening near them.
- Increased the strength of human pings, and in general made them last longer.
- Fixed bug where bots weren't going back to base to fetch their TP scrolls, even when they had nothing better to do.
- Made bots less likely to wander across the map just to hit the side shop.
- Fixed bug where bots would buy superfluous flying courier items.
- Fixed bots ignoring seige engines when farming a lane.
- Fixed bots being standoffish to their own creeps.
- Fixed bug that was causing bots to not attack the lowest-health creep when farming a lane.
- When fleeing an enemy hero, bots will no longer immediately forget about the enemy the instant they lose sight of them.
- Made bots more likely to defend structures closer to their base, particularly barracks and their ancient.
- Fixed a case where bots were getting preoccupied with creeps when defending their base.